1. A bunch of junior high students, in the middle of the street, part the sea of their bodies, one shouting “a biker, damn she’s fast!” (To be fair, I was going downhill…)
2. A mourning dove that flew about a foot in front of my face.
3. Two junior high boys, one saying “I love you,” me answering “Thank you,” as they got out of my way.
4. Kevin Wilkins, though since we were going in opposite directions on the bike path, by the time I realized it was him, it was too late to turn around and catch that Olympic-speed cyclist. We exchanged the obligatory nod of the helmet, though.
5. Canada Geese hanging out on the ice still left on Holmes Lake.
6. A bunch of small dogs tied to the undercarriage of an RV parked outside of Pershing Auditorium.